Monday, March 17, 2008

The Bottom Line

The results of the catheterization showed that Dad has blockages in four arteries - 100% in three of them and 70% blockage in the fourth. They will not be able to do any type of surgery as Dad's heart is too weak. So, they will be treating Dad's heart condition with medication, exercise and diet.

We are not sure when Dad will be released from the hospital - one doctor said as early as tomorrow.

One area of concern is the fact that Mom and Dad live in a second floor apartment. Not sure if this is the best situation for Dad. We will see what the doctor's have to say.

"He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD." Psalm 112:7 This is a verse that I gave to Dad the other day, more for the "his heart is fixed" part. But, what comfort it brings today, that we don't need to be afraid of bad news for God is in control!! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Kelly on behalf of the family

1 comment:

clour said...

Hey pastor,I hope you are feeling better today.I just wanted you to know I am praying for you and the family.Our God is a healing God.He still answers prayers.I often sit and think about the many great things I have learned from you and your family.Thank you for being a part of my life.Love Cindy Robbins